Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Salutations!

So I have been addicted to coloring with my copics, And if you have a stock pile of flowers like I do (or any die-cut or fussy fut flowers) , than this card is easy to make, and is perfect for the summer time.

This card is pretty straight forward. I started by adhering. some soft, hand made paper to the card base. I love the color of this paper, mixed with the texture. I wish I knew where i had gotten it from, but sadly  it was in the bottom of my scrap bin! But anyways, I then wrapped some American Craft's light pink jute around the base, tying it where I knew I was going to cover it. I then colored one big flower and 3 smaller ones and played with the placement until i achieved a balance. I then attached the flowers with dimensional adhesives, stamped my sentiment -rounded the corners - and attached it with another layer of dimensional adhesives. Then I rounded the corners and voila! All done!
I'm not sure if this needed any instructions, but I am still new to this!

Let me know in the comments below what you like about the card, what you would improve, and if you try something similar I would love to see it as well!

Contest:
Spark your Creativity

365 card: Welcome Summer
Happy crafting :)

3 comments:

  1. wonderful creation, thanks so much for sharing with us at BEARLY-MINE challenges x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card, thanks for the inspiration! I have some mulberry paper I want to try your idea and layout with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely make, and great colours used here, works extrememly well together!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete